A great tasting curry, without the bite. Full of vegies and a good source of protein.
200g sweet potato, chopped
200g potato, chopped
spray of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
thumb size piece of ginger, finely chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp garam masala
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp tumeric
1 ½ Tbsp cornflour
800mls coconut milk
2 cups broccoli florets
200g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups basmati or long grain rice
1. Steam sweet potato and potato to partially cook.
2. Spray large pan with oil and heat. Add the onion and capsicum and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until soft, then add the garlic, garam masala, cumin and tumeric and cook for a further minute.
3. Put cornflour in a small bowl and gradually add 80mls coconut milk, stirring until smooth.
4. Add potato, sweet potato, broccoli and remaining coconut milk to the pan. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 5 mins, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Add cornflour mixture to the pan and stir until sauce thickens, then stir in chickpeas.
6. Serve immediately with rice.